- BEST FOR: Spirituality.
- WHERE: In the Amazonian villages of Santarem and Alter do Chão, in the of state of Para, north region.
- WHEN: All year round.
- HOW LONG: From 5 to 7 days.
The original tales of the of the forest people to be recounted by you.
Spectacular scenery where rivers flow into each other, and where Grão Pará opens the gateway to the Amazon region. Starting from Alter do Chão to reach river dwelling communities on the River Tapajós, state of Pará. A remark on this itinerary is that travelers can stay/sleep on the boat, or in pensions, as well as at the TerrAmor eco-village.
Stories you’ll be able to tell when you get back:
Tales recounting the wisdom of the original forest peoples.
Accommodation and experience in the Terramor eco-village, founded by the Brasil family who are direct descendants of the region’s native peoples. At Terramor: learning about forest cooking, shelter and spirituality. Followed by a contact experience with the indigenous communities of the Jamaraquá, Urucureá and Anã.
- An ayahuasca ritual at TerrAmor.
- Workshops on permanent agriculture at TerrAmor.
- Sunset on the River Tapajós.
- Visiting medicine men.