- BEST FOR: Art & History.
- WHERE: The city of Rio de Janeiro.
- WHEN: All year round.
- HOW LONG: For 1 or 2 days.
Reveal different sides of the city and its vibrant musical sceneries.
A tasting of several “Brazils” during a musical tour through Rio de Janeiro. If you are staying in Rio for a few days but would like to make the most of the opportunity to get to know as much of Brazil as possible. A plunge into a place where an array of genuinely Brazilian cultures merge together, focusing more particularly on musical styles: samba, bossa, passinho, funk.
Stories you’ll be able to tell when you get back:
This itinerary is a musical journey, a poetic, inexplicable experience in one of the world’s most beautiful cities.
A tasting of several “Brazils” during a musical tour through Rio de Janeiro. Because the goal is to provide a musical immersion, people will learn about the lyrics of songs and rhythms of the types of brazilian music.
- Brief introduction to percussion.
- Curator’s expertise to guide the purchase of Brazilian music on vinyl.
- A photographic immersion in Rio de Janeiro.
- Musical rituals and indigenous roots: Museu do Índio, and a store,Tucum.
- Drumming and Afro-Brazilian roots: Pedra do Sal and Morro da Conceição.
- Carimbó and the cuisine of the North: lunch at the Arataca restaurant.
- Forró and the cuisine of the North-east: refreshments at Chiquita’s stall in the Center for Northeastern Traditions.
- A contemporary gaze: Visit to an exhibition of Brazilian culture: MAR or IMS.
- Learning through your body: the Passinho Ball, or samba at Pedra do Sal or Baile do Charme.